Search

Content

Nov 12, 2013

getting married

You may or may not have known that 17 days ago, I got married. I am now very proud to be Mrs. Wade Skoog:)

And you wanna know something? It came and went SO fast. When I first got engaged, it was FOREVER away. Seriously. And then BOOM.. it was here! And my day was magical and absolutely perfect. SO much more than I could have ever even imagined!!

I won't lie.. it is a bit of a blur as I look back on it. But it was so perfect.

One thing Wade and I decided together, was that we were going to have a very small and intimate ceremony. With only immediate family and our very closest friends. And let me tell you, BEST DECISION EVER! While we were on our honeymoon, I think I mentioned our small ceremony and how perfect it was about a million times to Wade:)

I'm going to tell you why it was perfect. Because everyone that came was very near and dear to me. As people came through the receiving line, I bawled when I gave every single person a hug. But that's what I wanted. It was so perfect and beautiful! I feel like if the wedding would have been open, by the end of the receiving line, there would be people that I knew but were mere acquaintances, not close friends. And that's not what I, or I should say Wade and I, wanted!

You know, being a wedding photographer myself, it was very different to be on this side of wedding photography. As I was planning my wedding, I put too much time into the details! Yeah, the details are fun and very pretty, but now that it's all said and done, they are the absolute SMALLEST part of a wedding. When I think back to my wedding, I don't think about the details or even the chilly cloudy weather that our wedding day held, I think about how blessed and thankful I am that we were surrounded by so much love. Being surrounded by your family and friends that are celebrating you and your better half and this very joyous time in your lives is like NOTHING you'll ever experience. It's HANDS DOWN the best part of the day! Seriously, when I think of my wedding, I think of marrying my best friend and being surrounded by all my favorite people. I tear up just thinking about it! It's so so special!

But it made me think about weddings I photograph. You know, it really isn't about the details at all!! I need to strive to capture the people and emotions. Because that's what I cherished most about my wedding. Yeah, details are super fun, but they are oh so minor. SO MINOR.

And on that note, I am going to leave you with one gorgeous photograph taken by one of my bridesmaids and closest friends. I cannot wait to relive my wedding through photographs!

copyright Jennifer Skoog Photography
xoxo.
Bree

3 comments:

Shawnee says:
at: November 13, 2013 at 3:06 PM said...

Congratulations, Bree:) I love hearing about 'different' weddings! I think it's the most important to just make your wedding very personal & true to the couple! The autumn colors are absolutely stunning…beautiful photo.

Anonymous
at: November 13, 2013 at 3:29 PM said...

wow.. beautiful words. may you and wade live a long and happy life together. congratulations! the picture is gorgeous.

Jennifer Skoog Photography says:
at: November 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM said...

love you, Mrs Skoog! Beautifully written!! Xoxo

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers

Archives

Something