Search

Content

Mar 21, 2012

this&that.




some of this:
-our bathroom got painted yesterday. the color is pale lemon (i think). LOVE it. then we added a crisp white shower curtain (yum!) and a pale pink rug. and our garbage can is vintage. it's white with a pale pink floral design. life is good. my bathroom screams my name (that kind of sounds awkward!). our bathroom isn't complete yet, but it's finally starting to pull together.
-i've been working working working. making money. i have many reasons to smile and be happy.:)
-i don't work today! (after i just said i was happy i've been working so much! but hey.. a day off feels great every once in awhile!) which means that this girl is doing some shopping. yes, some shopping! and i'm going to go for a run. a run sounds heavenly. yes, i'm going for a much needed run.
-the weather has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL. so beautiful in fact, that there's green on our trees. did you hear me? let me repeat: there is GREEN on our trees. as in buds on our branches! the leaves are coming early this year! but that's okay.. the green makes me even more ready for spring. bring on the GREEN.:)
-i'm in editing heaven. yup. see that picture up there? i'm editing her beautiful photos as well as my cousins senior photos. feels sooo good to be editing again.

some of that:
(that picture up there, i'm talking about.)
that's what i'm talking about. some of that. i edit each session differently. and i'm very proud of myself.. i do all my editing on a JPEG photo. i used to do it all in RAW, but now i have decided i can't just take the easy way out. so i've been learning much more in photoshop. i may do a few minor tweaks in RAW.. maybe to correct the exposure, but that.is.it! the rest is done on the JPEG file. interested at all to know what i've done? it's nothing fancy, but i could share if you want to know!

anyway.. i'm off to enjoy my day off. wanna enjoy it with me?
please do join!

toodles!
-bree

7 comments:

Anonymous
at: March 22, 2012 at 10:45 AM said...

Share some of the green! It's still brown, brown, and brown here. :) I'd be interested in hearing anything about your editing. I haven't gotten a chance to try out my Photoshop yet because our computer needs to get fixed but I love hearing/reading about it!
-Alanna

Anonymous
at: March 22, 2012 at 10:58 AM said...

post pics of the bathroom!! will be fun to see! Joleen

Anonymous
at: March 22, 2012 at 1:00 PM said...

yupp do share!! and I agree with Joleen I want to see this bathroom now!! :P -Austen

Anonymous
at: March 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM said...

ooh yes! i would also love to hear anything about your editing! i'm interested in anything photography! are you all self taught? or have you taken any classes? also, one more question, do you know of any photography books that you would recommend to read to help a person learn more about photography and their camera? :)

Anonymous
at: March 22, 2012 at 10:24 PM said...

also curious about why you switched back to jpeg. you mentioned that shooting in raw is the easy way out?

simply bree says:
at: March 23, 2012 at 12:03 AM said...

Hi! I am not quite sure who you are (would love to know, if you wouldn't mind!:) ) but i will most definitely answer your questions and help you in any way that i can! I am yes, 100% self taught. One class i took my freshman year of high school did cover photoshop.. so i learned a bit there. But most of it went in one ear and out the other just for the fact that i didn't have my DSLR camera and wasn't very strongly interested in photography at the time! So much of my photoshop skills are also self taught or things that i have learned from the internet!
As for suggestions on books.. i don't have any. I am sorry! I personally haven't read up on much of anything. I wish I could help. But i guess my suggestion would be to look on the internet and research books on photography.
As for the JPEG and RAW explanation, hmm, would you mind emailing me at bree.bree11@hotmail.com and i can answer your questions there? My explanation is lengthy, i'm afraid. So it would be just so much easier!
Thank you so much for your questions and interest!
PLEASE email me!
Thank you!
Bree

brooke says:
at: March 27, 2012 at 7:01 PM said...

i would also be intereted in hearing about your editing!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Followers

Archives

Something